Suggestions

Steam support

Login, friends, etc., basically the same set of functionalities Game Services ANE has. Recently steam has become a really potent platform for small indie devs, so I recon there's going to be a decent demand for such extension.

47 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Łukasz Łazarecki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great to hear that there is a lot of interest in Steam!

In order to get moving with this ANE we’d really appreciate your input on what you see as the important components of Steam for a first release. Key platforms and any important functionality.

Also, we are considering adding this as another service into the Game Services ANE. Feel free to let us know if you have any thoughts on that.

Cheers,
    distriqt

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Admindistriqt support (Support Manager, distriqt) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apologies, we missed your last message.

We have started development on the ANE and are currently splitting our development time between this ANE and Firebase. We are really excited about these ANEs however finding enough time to complete them quickly is always tough.

• Łukasz Łazarecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still nothing new? Is there anything specific you can give me? We'll be integrating Steam in our game in a week or so and could really use an ANE like that.

• Łukasz Łazarecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"In order to get moving with this ANE we’d really appreciate your input on what you see as the important components of Steam for a first release. Key platforms and any important functionality."

What I need the most is obtaining the session key for the current session. Also other standard features, like obtaining friend list and achievements.

"Also, we are considering adding this as another service into the Game Services ANE. Feel free to let us know if you have any thoughts on that."

Yes, I think this would be the best way to do it.

PS. Adding PC/Mac support to other ANEs of yours (e.g. social) would be a great thing as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base